Please read the following letter containing current updates for the upcoming school year:
Drop Offs/Pick Ups:
Early drop off can begin at 7:30 a.m. for both campuses and NO earlier. If you arrive earlier than 7:30 a.m., you will have to wait with your child. Please do not drop and go.
- For parents with children in our Daycare/PK program, please use the right hand side of the “Main Building” parking lot (closest to the playground) to drop off and pick up your children. Parents are allowed to come into the building and drop off their children, but are asked to not linger. Refer back to Dianna Fecher and what she has put in place regarding this. (See Diagram for the specific flow of parking & traffic).
- For parents with children in K-4th grade, we are asking that you use the left hand side of the “Main Building” parking lot (closest to Collins Hall) to drop off and pick up your children. (See Diagram for the specific flow of traffic). We are asking that parents pull up to the sidewalk that goes to the school to drop your child off. We will have a staff member who will greet you and assist your child to the building to administer COVID protocols. Unfortunately at this time, we are asking that parents do not enter the building when dropping off or picking up their children.
- Pick up at the Main Building will be at 2:50 p.m. For those who will be partaking in our Extended Care program, must contact the school prior to using our services for information on our billing process. Our Extended Care program will be available to families from 3:00-5:00 pm, and NO LATER. Please plan accordingly.
- For parents with children at the East Campus, please drop your child off in the parking lot and wait in your vehicle to pick them up when school ends. A staff member will be available to greet you and assist your child to the building. Unfortunately at this time, we are asking that parents do not enter the building when dropping off or picking up your children.
- Pick up at the East Campus will be at 2:50 p.m. Unfortunately at this time we will not have an Extended Care program at the East Campus, nor will we have staffing to watch your children. We are currently looking for a bus to purchase, which will open up the possibilities of being able to bus children from the East Campus to the Main Building. In the meantime, we ask that you please plan accordingly.
- COVID Protocols consist of: asking a couple of questions, taking each students temperature to make sure they do not have above a (99.6) fever and hand washing/hand sanitizing before going to their classrooms or a centrally located waiting room, to wait until their teachers are in their classrooms. We realize the first couple of weeks will be a huge transition for all of us, and we ask that you please be patient with us through this process while we navigate WCA’s protocols due to COVID-19.
- A link to a PDF of the map of the Main Campus
Hot Lunch Program:
Hot Lunch will be offered at both campuses, but not the first week of school. We will update you on when it will be available for purchase along with the monthly Hot Lunch Calendar. Details on ordering and paying in advance will be required. Questions on this, please contact the office. In the meantime:
- All cold lunches packed at home and sent into school with your child need to be items that DO NOT need warming up in a microwave. We do not want this to come as a surprise to families, so please plan accordingly.
- WCA is currently looking for the following donations for our Hot Lunch program at the East Campus: Paper Plates, Plastic Cups, and Plastic Silverware.
Please adhere to the guidelines attached. We are currently reviewing the guidelines, and though we do not foresee any drastic changes… we will be making small changes. One change will be on our designated dress down day for both Elementary & High School students. More information on that will be communicated at a later date. In the meantime, please adhere to the dress code guidelines for each day during the week.
WCA Graduation Requirements:
Recognized as an independent school in the State of VT per the Board of Education, we are an accredited school through the American Association of Christian Schools. Therefore, there are certain State of VT graduation requirements. Please see below for the breakdown.
State of VT Graduation Requirements:
- English (4 years)
- Science (3 years) – With (1 year) of Lab
- Math (3 years)
- Social Sciences (3 years) – With (1 year) needing to be a US History
- Physical Education (1.5 years)
- Fine Arts (1 year)
WCA Graduation Requirements:
- Bible (4 years) – or (1 year) for each year you attend High School at WCA
- Foreign Language (2 years) – this is for what is offered at WCA, and NOT an independent study
Websterville Christian Academy works hard to incorporate and facilitate a schedule where all requirements are met (WCA, State of VT and College). In addition, we have implemented dual enrollment to meet your child’s specific college requirements (i.e. additional foreign language, sciences, etc.).
While we try to be flexible to meet your child’s needs, there are certain boundaries we operate within regarding classes and schedules. We appreciate your patience during these changes and we are honored to be educating your children this academic year. If you have any questions, please refer them to our new Academic Advisor, Shannon Trigos, during business hours only (Monday – Friday) from (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.).
Due to COVID we are not offering our Sports programs (i.e. Soccer or Basketball) at WCA at this time. Nor are we honoring or supporting member to member or collaborative agreements with other schools. Everything is on hold due to COVID, and we will be consistently reviewing this. For those of you who have questions or concerns about it, you can address them to Brian Fecher or the School board in writing. Instead, we will be offering 5th-12th grade intramural leagues which are an entirely different program that does not fall under the Athletic Director duties. This is the policy that Pastor Brian has agreed to.
Each Friday, our communication to parents will be through a “WCA Newsletter” to include any updates or changes that are happening.