Here’s this week’s updates!
1. Spring Formal Committee Sponsored Fundraisers
We have a committee of young people who are planning the Spring Formal this year. They have been earning the funds to help bring the cost down. They have 2 more quick fundraisers they would like to run. They should be simple, and kids/families only participate if they want to.
A. Snack Bag Sales (mornings)
We will be hosting a Snack Bag Sale for students the 2 weeks leading up to Winter Break. This snack bag may be purchased upon arrival at school with the cost of $5.00 per bag. Each student who would like to buy a snack bag may have a choice of a bag of chips or cheezits, a fruit cup or applesauce (which comes with a spoon), two cookies or a pack of gummies, and a capri sun or a water. The money collected from this sale will go toward the fundraising for the Spring Formal. We appreciate and thank you for all of your help supporting our fundraisers.The Spring Formal Committee
B. Guessing Jar (lunchtime)
We will be holding a guessing jar fundraiser the 2 weeks leading up to Winter Break. The guesses for the jar will be at lunch times or other freetimes, with the cost of $0.50 per guess. The jar is filled to the top with m&ms and students take turns putting in their guesses on how much they think are in the jar. At the end of the three weeks, we will count the candy and whoever guesses right or closest will receive the big jar of candy, as well as a $10 gift card to Walmart. The money collected will go to the spring formal. Thank you for supporting us in our fundraising.The Spring Formal Committee
2. Movie night for the 7th – 12th graders – This Friday!
In an effort to help boost school spirit for the older grades, we’re hosting a movie night! Here’s the details:
- Friday, February 17, 6-8:30 PM
- Free Popcorn!
- Snacks for Purchase (benefits the DC trip)
- Where: The Vine Gymnasium
3. Winter Carnival – Thursday, February 23
- The Winter Carnival is coming!
- There will be capture the flag
- There will be kickball.
- There will be matchbox car races.
- There will be a bounce house.
- There will be hot chocolate, make your own chex mix, and popcorn.
- There will be face painting.
- There will be a few surprises.
- We’re excited!
- February 23. (activities begin after lunch)
4. Parent-Teacher Partnership Meeting – Monday, February 13
The WCA Parent Teacher Partnership meets the second Monday of each month at 6pm. This month’s meeting will be held on Monday, February 13 at 6pm at the Vine campus and will be focused on the upcoming Winter Carnival that is being held on Thursday, February 23. Any parent who would like to volunteer at this event should attend the meeting. Please note that the carnival will be held during school hours.
5. CareNet Bottle Drive – Details…
CareNet’s Baby Bottle Drive is an opportunity for students at WCA to put pocket change or extra cash to work helping Care Net provide abortion alternatives to women and their families. HERE’s the details!
6. School Delay Questionnaire
The question on the table is whether or not WCA should leave open the possibility of delayed school openings next year in the case of inclimate weather. As we make our decision, we would like to hear from you. Here’s a link to a Google form.