Here is this week’s updates!
1. No school Monday, September 5
Because of Labor Day, there is no school this coming Monday.
2. Color Fun Run/Walk Update!
WCA’s very first Color Fun Run/Walk was an amazing success! Students gathered sponsorships and local businesses helped us bring in $3,712 to go towards playground equipment for the school grounds! We will have more details, including photos, videos and a list of business sponsors soon!
3. Reminders for the week of school camp
As we (grades 7th-12th) begin to make plans to depart to The Wilds of New England on (September 6th-8th), there are a few important things to know beforehand.
- We WILL be having school on Tuesday, September 6th for your students. Please make sure to send in their luggage (to include clothes & bedding) in the morning when you drop them off.
- We will plan on leaving WCA at 2:00 pm.
- Students are not allowed to have cell phones while at camp. However, in the event of an emergency, please call the camp office at (603)-529-0001.
- Students will be returning to WCA on Thursday, September 8th by 12:30 pm. We ask that you please make arrangements to pick up your student at the WCA campus NO LATER THAN 12:30 pm. There will be no classes offered, and no hot lunch offered to students returning from The Wilds. Because this may be an inconvenience to families with students in the elementary grades, we will understand if you want to make arrangements to pick them up early as well.
Let Brandi know if you have any questions.
4. Hot lunch program rollout
We are rolling out our 2022-2023 hot lunch program next week! We are working on simplifying the ordering and billing system to make it easier for everyone.
This coming week, September 6-9, we will not have the billing system ready quite yet, but hot lunch will still be offered. We will be able to keep track in order to bill for this first week. Because of several grants, we are able to keep costs low and offer lunches for $ 2.00 this year!
Thank you for being patient with us as we work on this process.
5. Warrior club update
We are planning on offering the after school Warrior Club once again this school year. We are still working on the details. Please be patient until we are ready to roll out. Until then, the latest pickup time is 3:15 PM.
6. WCA is looking for substitute teachers
If you are interested in helping as a substitute teacher, please contact the school office (802) 622-0298.
Because of the recent influx in students at WCA, we are a little short on Chromebooks this semester. Contact Tim Lenahan (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to donate towards our need for Chromebooks.