- River of Life End-of-the-Year Camp
- PreK-K Graduation (save the date)
- School Closed (Memorial Day)
- Jr./Sr. High Exams
- Save the Date (6th/8th/12th Grade Graduation)
- Last Day of School
- Semi-Formal date has changed!
- Yearbook Pre-Sales
- Update on Staff Appreciation
- School Tech Fundraiser (coming soon)
River of Life End-of-the-Year Camp – 5th-12th Grade Students, Staff and Chaperone’s… If you have not already RSVP’d and sent your money into the school, and you plan on attending the overnight at River of Life on Saturday May 22nd – May 23rd, please do so ASAP! (article)
PreK-Kindergarten Graduation (save the date) May 27th @ 6:30 PM –
WCA & LFN will be closed on Monday, May 31st to observe Memorial Day. Please plan accordingly.
Jr./Sr. High Exams – Jr./Sr. High students will be taking their Exams the last week of school (June 1st-June 4th). Stay tuned for more info.
6th/8th/12th Grade Graduation (save the date) – Thursday, June 3rd @ 6:30 PM
Last Day of School – WCA’s last day of school will be on June 4th for (1st-12th grade students). We will be having an early dismissal at 11:30 am. There will be no extended care. Please plan accordingly.
Semi-Formal date has changed – We have changed the date of our Semi-Formal in hopes to get better attendance. We are extending the invitation to students in grades 6th-12th as well as parents. (article)
Yearbook Pre-Sales – This year we are excited to be bringing you a yearbook covering from Little Flock all the way to senior graduation! We are pre-selling them on-line as well as in the front office. It is VERY important to purchase them now because they will be being received after graduations (those events will be included in the yearbook!). Get yours ordered TODAY! (article)
Update on Staff Appreciation!
Thank you again to everyone who participated in this year’s Mother’s Day Carnation Fundraiser. We sold 415 Carnations and profited over $800 to go towards purchasing items for our Staff Appreciation week, which was held the week of (May 10th – May 14th)! It has been a HUGE Success and we are so thankful! This past week our WCA’s School Board Chair, Gary Sheridan brought in different foods & drinks each day, for the WCA & LFN Staff to enjoy.
- Monday: An assortment of Muffins from Delicate Decadence, Coffee from Dunkin Donuts as well as an assortment of fresh fruit and Hershey kisses.
- Tuesday: Large Cookies from Kitty Corner Café, Coffee from Dunkin Donuts as well as an assortment of yogurts, fresh fruit and Hershey kisses.
- Wednesday: An assortment of Bagels & Cream Cheese from Maria’s Bagels, Coffee from Dunkin Donuts as well as an assortment of fresh fruit and Hershey kisses.
- Thursday: As assortment of Chips & Dip, sodas, and an assortment of fresh fruit and miniature chocolate candy bars.
- Friday: An assortment of Pastries from Delicate Decadence, Coffee from Dunkin Donuts as well as an assortment fresh fruit and miniature chocolate candy bars.
To wrap up Staff Appreciation, there was enough money left over to purchase (2) potted Begonia’s, (2) scented candles and (2) quarts of Maple Syrup to raffle off to our Staff. We had students from each grade in the PK & elementary classes draw the names of our winners on Friday morning. The winners were:
- (1 Scented Candle to each): Shannon Trigos, Dir. of Academic Services & Jane Watson, 1st/2nd Grade Teacher
- (1 Quart of Maple Syrup to each): Tonya Brett, 1st/2nd Grade Teachers Asst. & Noah Frazee, Kitchen Asst.
- (1 Potted Begonia to each): Nel Lunde, Lunch Lady & Maddison Smith-Whiting, Daycare Asst.
School Tech Fundraiser (coming soon) – We have one more fundraiser coming this school year! As we are growing, and most likely moving into different building(s), we are going to be in need of money for school technology, including but not limited to, computers, televisions, and CHROMEBOOKS (ours are SO old and dying!). This fundraiser will be the Little Caesars Pizza Kits, but this year it will be contactless (orders will be shipped directly to buyers). More information will be coming out soon, so stay tuned!