Here’s this week’s updates!
1. Cyber Security Camp
Norwich is hosting a virtual Cyber Forensics Camp for students who will be a junior or senior in highschool in Fall 2022. The virtual camp runs from the 20th June to 24th June 2022, and is completely free for participants. Zero cost, not even a registration fee. It is paid for with grant funds from the National Security Agency.
Interested in getting involved in digital forensics? Want to learn how to defend against cyber attacks? At Norwich University’s virtual weeklong GenCyber Forensics precollege program, you will dive deeply into all things cyber with tools used by police forces around the world through a series of gaming, modeling, and simulation activities.
For further details about the camp, including the online application form, please visit: https://www.norwich.edu/cyber/gencyber
2. Algebra II Class Fundraiser
The Algebra II class is holding a fundraiser. It is going to be a Korean Market. All the money raised is going to be donated to Missionaries in the area the war is going on. The missionaries are helping Ukrainian Refugees and offering medicine and things alike. If the Algebra II class can raise $2000, someone else will also donate $2000 to the cause. There will be more kinds of snacks and ramen offered than before.
It will be held the week of April 25-29 during luinch hours from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
3. Do you need help with buying a dress for the formal?
This is an event by Forgetmenot Florist in Barre. Here is what they have to say:
Are you or someone you know having to make the tough decision about going to prom? Is the thought of spending money on a dress just a bit too out of reach? Then Say Yes to the Prom Dress is the event for you!
Through the generous donations of local businesses and people, we have collected a wide array of new and gently used formal dresses and we plan to give them away to high school girls so they can feel beautiful and confident on Prom night without having to break the bank!
Register today and our volunteers will help you find the dress of your dreams!
The date is Sunday, May 1. CLICK HERE to register.
4. Hot Lunch Reminders
Thank you for your support and involvement in our lunch program. As we start to approach the end of the school year, these are some reminders to keep in mind:
- The rest of April’s menu is now available online (HOT LUNCH ORDERING)
- You can make payments directly to us via check or cash. When writing a check please include in the memo line the week for which that payment was made. If in cash, do the same on the envelope in which you send the payment.
- You can also make payments via Smart Tuition if you have an account. These charges will be applied monthly and will appear in the statement of the following month. For example: If your child had lunch in March, you will see the charge in April, making the figure of your monthly payment appear greater than your tuition.
- As a gentle reminder, It is the responsibility of the parents to sign their children up for Hot Lunch. It is easily accessible on our website (HOT LUNCH ORDERING)
Have you registered your student(s) for next year yet?
NOW is the time to get registered for next year! The deadline is fast approaching, and we need to know who’s going to be a part of WCA this coming fall. Here are important details: